Tuesday 25 February 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #2: Top Ten Kick-Ass Heroines.

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish.
My chosen top ten prompt:
"Top ten Kick-Ass Heroines"
I love a kick ass character and I love a kick ass heroine even more most of my favourite Books have strong willed, brave and fierce heroines in it. But they all have soft spots hidden underneath fierce determination.

1. Karrin Murphy: The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.

A blond, button nosed five foot nothing, no shit taking, fierce, driven and beautiful woman. She has kicked asses of all sorts vampires, zombies, trolls and everything in between. Trained with the warriors of Valhalla and beaten down men and beings thrice her size and has saved and kicked Dresden's (the portagonist) ass multiple times.

“If you make some comment even obliquely alluding to menstruation or menopause and its effect on my judgment," Murphy interrupted, "I will break your arm in eleven places.” 

― Karrin MurphyChanges

2. Molly Metcalf: Secret Histories by Simon R. Green:

She a witch feared and respected by all but mostly feared, has the looks of a china doll, and isn't afraid of anyone. Is infamous and mischievous she has made pacts with heaven and hell and is know to turn people into a variety of animals if they piss her off.                       
3. Molly Carpenter: The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.
She just plain amazing and total kickass, a wizard with a knack for illusions.
She has amazing power and is very bold.


4. Celaena Sardothien: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass.

She is an assassin young and daunting, not completly fearless but she knows how to break bones and decapitate heads with extreme ease.
“My name is Celaena Sardothien. But it makes no difference if my name's Celaena or Lillian or Bitch, because I'd still beat you, no matter what you call me.” ― Celaena Sardothien, Throne of Glass

5. Katsa: Graceling by Kristin Cashore:
Katsa is a strong willed and a great ass kicker. Her grace (power) is supreme combat skills. In her world particallyno one can defeat her in combat.
“You won't even take your bow? Are you planning to throttle a moose with your bare hands, then?"
"I've a knife in my boot," she said, and then wondered, for a moment, if she could throttle a moose with her bare hands.” ― Kristin CashoreGraceling
6. Katniss Everdeen: Hunger Games by Suzzane Collins.
I don't think that this name needs any introduction she's amazing, smart, brilliant, brave and strong willed. She's awesome with a bow and arrow and totally kicks butt always!
“Katniss, the girl who was on fire!” 


7. June Iparis: Legend by Marie Lu.
She is a intelligent, brave,noble and a soldier.


8. Shotgun Suzie: Nightside by Simon R. Green.

She's a bounty hunter, can probably kill anything and is tremendously feared. She's too hardcore for the SAS and hence was kicked out because of it. Suzie also has a dark background story.
“My Suzie, also known as Shotgun Suzie, also known as Oh Christ It's Her, Run.” 


9. Tris Prior: Divergent by Veronica Roth.
She is brave, she is selfless, she is brilliant in every way. She fights back and she sacrifices.

10. Jarra Tell Morrath: Earth Girl by Janet
Edwards.
Jarra doesn't literally kick butt in the book but she is still an amazing brave and ambitious character and deserves a spot between the kick ass heroines.

18 comments:

  1. Oh, I just adore Celaena. She's just so cool and I love her prickly personality. It's really unusual for me to find a girl in stories that has an ego, and Celaena's I do believe just makes me like her more. My top ten list - on series I've not finished yet - can be found here: http://pagesofstarlight.blogspot.com/2014/02/top-ten-series-i-have-yet-to-finish.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Celaena is amazing isn't she and I love your list :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read most of these but several are on my list to get to. I have read two of them: Hunger Games and Graceling. Great choices!

    Thanks for stopping by mine. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly agree with Tris and Katniss. I still haven't gotten around to checking out the Legend trilogy -- great to know that June's also a kick-ass heroine!

    Cheers,
    Joey
    My TTT: Rewind This Week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read Legend NOW! it is amazing you would definetly love it since ou are a fan of Tris and Katniss and compared to the three trilogies Legend has the best most satisfying ending!

      Delete
  4. Great pick. Kick-ass heroines are the best. Katniss and June are two of my favourites. I really thought Tris was kick-ass in book one but didn't feel the same about her in 2 &3. Nice list :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well she did get a litlle whiny in 2 & 3. Happy Reading!

      Delete
  5. Great list! I just started reading Divergent today, but I can already tell that Tris should definitely be on this list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it and it just keeps getting better! :)

      Delete
  6. I just LOVE that YA novels are heading towards the constant of having a strong female character, though they always have a soft side as well. I teach middle school, so I love that my students are reading about these girls and realizing that they can be strong on their own. This is a great list! :]

    -Tiffany
    Beneath the Jacket Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tiffany! love your list as well <3

      Delete
  7. I love 6, 7, & 9. Katniss is probably my favorite, and Tris my second favorite. I've only read the first Legend novel, so I don't know very much about June, but I plan to continue the series:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well then you are in for a surprise because Prodigy and Champion specially Champion is soooo amazing!

      Delete
  8. I've only "met" Katniss but the girl certainly does know how to take care of herself and I love that her weapon of choice is archery - that's a fun thing to see in the movies. Still need to "meet" Tris. I've heard a lot about those books. :)

    Thanks for visiting Dreaming Under the Same Moon - and the follow! Appreciate both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tris is amazing! thanks for commenting back :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with so many of the people on your list! Both Katsa and Celaena are really awesome, and Tris is a great character. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete